This stamp got me thinking about my own inner compass - namely that I want to be sure I am true to myself. I enjoy being able to purchase things from local business owners and/or people who are trying to supplement their income by selling specialty products that I can purchase from the comfort of my own home. I like to support our local economy!
So Suzy Stamps are not only local, but they are made in the USA!!! As a consumer, that is important to me! OK, I will climb down off of my soap box and tell you how I made this card.
- The stamp, of course is from the July SAM collection. If you haven't joined yet, be sure to sign up!
- My base is an A2 size blue card. I had some nautical paper and cut two pieces with my Lawn Fawn Ocean Wave borders.
- Using my Mini Mist, I stamped the Compass Stamp on a white circle using So Suzy Ink Bites in Simply Sinful,from the Autumn Equinox collection. I know I have said time and time again how much I love these inks, but it bears repeating!!! I cleaned the stamp off and re-inked with Versa Mark, and embossed it with Nuvo Crystal Clear Embossing Powder. I love the way these embossing powders perform!
- I cut a circle from some window plastic, and made a shaker frame, filling it with some sequins from 28 Lilac Lane Adventures at Sea.
- Using my Mini Mist, I stamped the sentiment from Sherry Russ Stamplorations True North Collection with Versa Mark and embossed it with Nuvo Gacier White Embossing Powder and hit it with my heat tool.
- I finished it off with a red, white and blue sequin.